Thursday, November 7, 2013

Bitter tastes like.....

Bitter tastes like nothing, because I REFUSE to give in to this emotion of frustration and hurt that I feel lately.  

My co worker treats me as if I was dead.  Literally, he pretends I do not exist.  Fortunately I do not have to interact with him and we have just enough space that we can be in separate rooms during the day.  

And I know this is his issue, and that it is not healthy for him, and it's setting a horrible example for his child.   And it's showing me that these are his true colors and therefore he is NOT the person I thought he was.   I even overheard him mention doing this to someone else... pretending they didn't exist!  

He's only hurting himself, and setting a poor example for his child.  This is not ok behavior. Not in this situation where we have to be in the same room for a portion of the day.   Thankfully that is only a few hours, and the rest of the day is manageable.   

I went through a phase at first where it felt like being stabbed, and I really wanted reconciliation, so I tried. And I ate to numb that pain.  But now, I refuse to eat to numb the pain and ruin my personal goals.  The pain will eventually go away.

"You can’t change how people treat you or what they say about you.  All you can do is change how you react and who you choose to be around."

No comments:

Post a Comment