Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween Candy


Oh how I hate you, Halloween!  You and your plethora of candy!!   Candy corn, candy pumpkins, miniature sized snickers, milky ways, and just about any candy out there is FRONT AND CENTER at every store.  

In giant bags.  No, in GINORMOUS bags.

Costco apparently had the Biggest Bag Of Them All, because that is what my roommate bought, and I found out later that most people also bought their candy at Costco.
   
Which is fine, except we only used one bag for the kiddos, and we had an entire bag leftover.   

I resisted on the actual day of Halloween.  I had myself a beer [pumpkin ale of course], as a treat, and resisted the candy.


I felt really good about that.  Until Friday night.... I knew the rest of the bag was outside my door.... literally a huge, huge, huge bag full of all the best chocolate candy, was right outside my door.  

So I caved.  I succumbed and stuffed by face with as many peanut butter cups, kit kats, m&m's, peanut m&m's, nestle crunch bars, and milky ways as I could manage. 

I immediately felt guilty.  I worked out extra hard the following day.  And stuffed my face again Sunday.

Thankfully a friend stopped by Sunday morning and took the remainder of the candy away.   But I kept thinking about it.   Not that it felt good to eat that much, or even tasted special (we all know what chocolate and sugar taste like), but it was rebellious and "bad" and that felt good. 

But it's over now.... 'til next year, Mr. Pumpkin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment