Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Trader Joe's You Win Again!

Three days in a row of "clean" eating.... I figure this is due to the following:
1) The new medication I take has a reputation of increasing blood glucose, leading to weight gain.
2) I seem to be in a manic cycle
3) A friend called yesterday and wants to possibly meet halfway this weekend and I'm motivated to look my best!

My Fitness Pal is helpful for planning my food intake for the day to ensure I stay under my calorie goal (including what it estimates I burn through my workouts).  I can still have my Quest Peanut Butter Cups [ side note the peanut butter part tastes so chalky and weird but the chocolate is so good that i find it is totally worth it! ]

At Trader Joe's today I stocked up on fresh produce, my low carb wraps, and kale chips and still spend under $30!   I notice I consistently spend less there than at Giant, or any other store, so it feels like a bargain.  We shall see at the end of the month if I have spent less overall on groceries.  But in the meantime I am excited to spend less than $30 on such bounty!

One day I would like to buy everything at the store just to try it ALL because it is so unique and appealing. Of course that is not realistic, so occasionally I will buy something that looks semi healthy and semi delicious [or vice versa as my eyes see it].   In the display at the checkout lane was a "low carb dark chocolate" bar.  Really???  Oh yes, the chocolate gods have struck again!   Reviews to come later, if positive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment