Monday, October 21, 2013

Too Many Good Days

It's unusual for me to have this many "good" days.   I've been tracking my food in My Fitness Pal, keeping under my calories, and I've been losing weight - almost 10 lbs in a week due to the fact that my binges cause me to hold a lot of water. 

I'm almost completely turned off by the thought of overeating.   It is still an automatic reaction for me, and thoughts of Jimmy Johns swirl through my mind.   But the idea of eating so much churns my stomach and not in a good way.  

I think this is partly due to my clothes starting to fit better, giving me confidence to continue this mindful eating.   Also partly due to the confidence of seeing my friend over the weekend.  Huge ego boost for me.  Huge!  

My "No meat" experiment began last Monday after I was too tired / lazy etc to go to Costco to buy more chicken, and not wanting to spend the extra money to buy them at the store.   So I decided to substitute protein shakes, quest protein bars, and nuts as protein sources for the week.   I actually felt really good after doing that and have kept doing it, for the most part ( except a chicken sandwich Friday night, and there was some turkey on my sandwich Saturday morning ).  

No comments:

Post a Comment